CONTACT VIA EMAIL
ONLINE OFFICE HOURS
Online Office Hours: 10:00-3:00 TW & 10:00-4:00 RF
(Completion of Assignment = Attendance & Credit)
- Apply visually literate practices to the context responsibly.
- Demonstration of understanding of the content with skillful practices
- Evaluate content and context for meaning and effectiveness.
- Create meaningful and expressive information.
- Submission of completed solution(s) in requested format.
We will utilize this conferencing app (in your Google Apps 'waffle' > upper right corner > icon) to meet for class online. Use this link to sign in.
This museum has created a challenge to recreate a work of art (from their online collection) out of everyday household items. This social media challenge has received coverage from Smithsonianmag.com and Time.com and the response to it continues to demonstrate how people can be creative, expressive, and find a sense of community through the Fine Arts.
This text | website offers new approaches to utilizing visual language in design.
Lupton, E., & Phillips, J. C. (2015). Graphic design: The new basics. New York: Princeton Architectural Press, Maryland Institute College of Art.
This museum (in Washington, D.C.) objectives are to protect, display, and educate about works of art.
The museum has a diverse collection of artwork, electronic media, and studies in VISUAL LITERACY.